Delineates watersheds based on your terrain
You can use the model to find watersheds that drain to a single point, or drain to all or part of a design road
- It must be a design road made with the Roadway Design module.
- As of right now
- Watershed to a point is free - 0 cloud credits
- Watershed(s) to a road cost 50 cloud credits
- It uses InfraWorks 360's cloud service so an internet connection and a login to InfraWorks 360 is required
- It will calculate peak flows based on the Rational method or Regression method. You have to provide some key info like C factors, location, etc.
- Culverts (covered in a bit) that start within a watershed that has a calculated peak flow will automatically size themselves based on that flow (cool!)
- Will automatically place culverts where a water area (created with Rivers command) or stream (created automatically with watershed) crosses a design road.
- Will automatically locate (x,y, and z) each end based on road slope geometry
- Will automatically size based on watershed flow, if present
- Uses FHWA methodology for calcualtions
- Has some neat choices for inlet configurations that affect calculations as well as inlet/outlet geometry
- Culverts can also be created manually wherever you want and edited with tools that you're used to.
- InfraWorks performs a fairly detailed analysis which can be exported
- Will automatically place inlets, manholes, and pipelines along a design road by applying design rules
- Structure models are more robust and realistic than what's been available in core InfraWorks pipe connector style library...
- BUT...currently there is only one type of inlet and one type of manhole.
- You can manually place inlets, manholes, and pipes and edit them with tools you are used to
- Drainage network tools are smarter about setting pipes at the right depths and slopes
- You can have InfraWorks do a takeoff of culverts, inlets, manholes, and pipelines associated with a design road.